Be in the Know
- Tiffany & Co. launched a “Not Your Mother’s Tiffany” campaign and long-time fans are not amused
- The Cleveland “Indians” have rebranded to the “Guardians” and the logos are both classic and cool
- Facebook is offering Digital Marketing Certification to Black marketers with 100,000 scholarships
- Twitter is giving brands gold medal tips for the Olympic Games with hashtags and strategies for keeping up with the conversation
Understanding TikTok’s Influence on Sound and Culture
TikTok is ever-growing as both the ultimate zeitgeist and advertising platform. Music and audio bits are now referenced every day. It can be hard to put a number on just how much of a cultural impact something has, but TikTok is taking a swing at it!
In their latest data round-up, they put an analysis together on just how much influence the app has on sound, music, and culture. Sonic branding is becoming more and more essential to your marketing strategy. TikTok has seen trends and brands rise from challenges, memes, current ads, and sounds that can act as today’s jingles. Don’t believe it? See the big stats TikTok is sporting.
When brands feature songs that users like in their videos:
- 68% of users say they remember the brand better.
- 67% of users would prefer to see videos from brands featuring trending songs on TikTok.
- 62% say they’re curious to learn about the brand.
- 58% say they feel a stronger connection to the brand.
- 58% of users also say they’re more likely to talk about the brand or share the ad.
As for the cultural impact:
- 72% of users agree that they associate certain songs with TikTok.
- 71% of users believe the biggest trends start on TikTok.
- 70% of users believe TikTok communities have the power to create change in culture.
- 43% of users try something or go somewhere new after seeing it at least once on TikTok.
These were some of our favorite stats, but check out TikTok’s full report for more findings.
Q for You
Everyone is on the hunt for a social media planning tool that does the MOST for them. Scheduling, drafting, making an editorial calendar are all some of the big needs when it comes to a good tool. Planoly is a tool that you can try for free with additional pricing tiers based on the number of profiles. It can plan and schedule content, connect with shopping platforms, and is all about the visuals. What sets it apart from other platforms is the visual drafting tools and stylishly designed templates ready to go for stories and posts. Check it out and start social planning today.
Scalemail makes it easier than ever to grow your lists by incentivizing referrals. It’s a platform that can be built right into your existing system and start working for you in these 3 steps:
Step 1: Throw a bone! Offer up some sick incentives.
Step 2: Share a link! Your subscribers will tell their friends all about it.
Step 3: Pay up! You see your list grow, they see swag or discounts in return.
So what are you waiting for? Let’s start scaling your list together.
Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson (aka “The Mountain” from Game of Thrones) stars in this Mercedes Benz teaser for their new Citan. The van boasts being compact on the outside, but spacious on the inside. Fit for a giant! Björnsson shows all the ways everyday life is pretty small compared to him. Luckily the Citan can fit him, but we’ll have to see what the bigger reveal has to offer up. We assume it’s more of this big man being big.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
“Creativity is nothing but the way to solve new problems.”