Top Posts of the Week
- Gen Z and Millennial Social Consumer Habits [infographic]
- Google on Choosing the Best Anchor Text
- Instagram Adds New Auto-Captions Option for Instagram Stories
- What Is a Marketing Approval Process? 4 Tips for Building One
What We Learned
Monday: Power To Fly listed 30 companies and how they’re celebrating Women’s History Month in 2021. Moody’s is launching a Gender & Finance Hub, Elastic created an equal pay policy and is hiring more women in senior-level positions, and Bumble is featuring guest speakers to talk about why gender equality is necessary for the workplace and society.
Tuesday: Search Engine Journal offered 6 tips for more targeted and engaging PPC campaigns. Begin with research, select your target audience, and review your messaging.
Wednesday: G2 gave us 4 tips for building a marketing approval process.
- Identify key review stages and stakeholders.
- Align content sharing and access with key approval stages.
- Implement guardrails to prevent feedback creep.
- Create an audit trail of approval activity
Thursday: Socialbakers provided 17 checkpoints for social media event marketing. A few of these include:
- Decide On Your Social Media Event Marketing Objectives
- Create a Hashtag for Social Media Events
- Use Teaser Posts to Drive Interest
- Sell Tickets via Social Media
Join the Conversation
Becca asked, “Does anyone use the “notify employees” option on a LinkedIn post? What’s been your experience with it? Do you see value in it?”
Mimmie wrote, “Curious to hear how you are dealing with IOS 14 changes, and what your strategy is to overcome it? ”
Marta posted, “Favorite books on leaders, women, marketing, org culture or branding?”
Lori wants to know, “Yelp wants you to pay for every little thing. So my question is….do you think it’s worth it? And-especially do you think it’s worth it for non food & beverage industries.”
Your newsletter can only reach so many people based on your own efforts. That’s why it’s helpful to empower your subscribers to help in your growth efforts.
Scalemail is our solution to growing The Daily Carnage through our subscribers. It’s a simple referral tool that has given us the boost we need to reach more of you.
If you could use a referral tool for your own newsletter, then hit us up!
Virgin Grapefruit Mojito
- 1/4 ruby or pink grapefruit, cut into small chunks and seeds removed
- 2 tbs. agave syrup or honey
- 12 fresh mint leaves, roughly torn
- 1/2 cup pink grapefruit soda or flavored mineral water, plus more as needed
- Mint sprigs, for garnish
- Put the grapefruit pieces, agave and mint in a cocktail shaker. Using a muddler, smash the fruit until the juice is released.
- Add one cup small ice cubes to the shaker with the half cup soda; attach the lid and shake furiously until combined.
- Divide between two rocks glasses, add more ice if desired, and top off with additional soda.
- Stir, garnish with mint sprigs and serve.
Recipe from HGTV
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
1968, Del Monte
In which year was the equal rights amendment passed?