Be in the Know
- Apple is launching a bunch of new products today. Oh, and they’ll be live streaming from an empty Steve Jobs Theater. It should be weird and awesome.
- “It’s not you, it’s me.” Say goodbye to the Mailchimp and Shopify integration.
On-Site SEO Tips
It’s SEO Monday!
That’s not really a thing, but we typically talk SEO on Monday, so here goes.
While not everyone agrees on best practices, we feel like the following on-site SEO tips can be generally agreed upon.
- Content Relevance: 90% of content generates no traffic from Google. That’s pretty staggering. You need to optimize for the following:
-User-intent: understand what your audience is searching for and why.
-Analyze the SERP of those keywords and see what’s ranking.
- Deep Content: A HubSpot study found that content between 2,250 and 2,500 words tended to receive the most organic traffic. Creating long-form content can be beneficial for SEO and will make you look like a bawse in your space.
-Optimize deep content by…researching top ranking pages for a target keyword and analyzing their content.
-Use Answer the Public to flesh out questions users may have about that topic.
- Tags: It’s crucial that you’re inserting target keywords into title tags and page titles. Yoast is great for this. Also, make sure you’re inserting relevant keywords into your (H2, H3, and H4s).
Can I Get a Backlink?
Wanna see who’s linking to your site? Ya, you do.
Check out Ahref’s free backlink tool. It’ll show you the top 100 backlinks to any website.
Bonus round anyone? It also shows the five most linked‐to pages, most common anchor texts, and the total number of backlinks and referring domains.
Nothing like some friendly (?) burns amongst competitors. Miller Lite and Bud Light continue to throw punches.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
The original protein bar. 1970’s Pillsbury “Food” Sticks.