Be in the Know
- “Deals for Days” by Walmart and “The Bigger Deal” by Best Buy are some of the deals competitors have some up with since Prime Day by Amazon has become such a phenomenon.
- Pepsi’s non-alcoholic mixers, Neon Zebra, uses Billy Eichner in latest ad to tell us how to socialize again like humans.
- Discover Ireland is marketing Ireland using Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla, making a case for gaming tourism.
- Miley Cyrus to be the new face of a Gucci Beauty fragrance campaign.
5 Q’s Startups Should Ask Before Making Their First Marketing Hire
Hiring for a startup can be extremely daunting for both the employer and the applicant. You have to know what you need so you can tell your applicants what you need. Otherwise, things are bound to be a mess.
Here are the 5 questions to ask before hiring on your marketing team:
- Which marketing channels have proven successful to date? If you find a promising area, find a candidate that has expertise in it. You want to support what’s working for your brand.
- Where are the target customers? You’re likely going to have to look to competitor data for this one before you know your own. After seeing how/where your customers are, see the channels you would need to hire for most.
- How competitive is the market? Speaking of competition, what edge do you have on the big players in your industry? Hire to cater to that strength (i.e. storytelling).
- Where do the founder’s skills lie? Founders are often the brand builders of startups and have a vision in mind. BUT maybe you need a ground-up branding specialist first. Determine what founders bring to the table and see if their vision needs more support.
- How important is trust-building? Trust-building is often very important to brands in new industries or very revolutionary products. Hiring for this often leans more in the realm of PR experts.
Once you have these five biddies, then you can get into some of the deets like years of experience and a salary to match it. Check out the full TechCrunch article by clicking below.
Hopefully this helps startups and established teams alike. Now, we’ve all seen it: the ridiculously overwhelmed marketing roles for ONE person. There are unicorns out there that can do it all, but those roles are not sustainable. This is when all companies need to consider hiring agencies (wink) or expanding their team.
Q for You
Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google, Snapchat ad mock ups can all be made with this site. It’s free, easy, and free! AdMockUps can show you desktop and mobile versions as well as different ad types. You can also download a PNG or SVG, watermark-free. Mock up ads for clients or your team in no time!
Whether you want to build brand awareness, generate qualified leads, or boost traffic, we got sponsorship options to do it up right for you.
Our audience knows us for serving up daily marketing news, digital marketing know-how, and cool tools. So if you have a piece of content or product that would benefit our readers, we wanna hear about it, too.
Kiwi and Eggplant emojis
Yeah, body hair is just one big joke at this point, but hair removal and shaving brands do a good job of keeping it funny. Analogies are everywhere in this ad that takes on the classic infomercial structure. Manscaped in general likes to keep hair removal in men and women taboo-free, and this ad is no exception.
An UNDERRATED pun here is “testi-monials.”
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
“Never let ads write checks your website can’t cash.”