Be in the Know
- The Slack attack! Office 365 users received a long-awaited feature yesterday. Slack now lets users preview documents within the app.
- Snapchat is trying to keep pace with Instagram. The popular social app is rolling out new features including AR, new original content, app integrations, and more.
- Roku updated its platform and in doing so went all in on itself.
Show of internet hands, how many of you use Quora for marketing?
We couldn’t actually see your internet hands, so we’re gonna talk about Quora.
What is Quora?
The premise is simple. Folks ask and answer questions on just about any topic. The platform has been around for 10 years and drives around 300 million monthly users.
Quora has a similar feel to Reddit in that it relies on ‘upvoting’. Basically, the public gets to decide if your answer is worthy. #Pressure
If you aren’t using Quora in your marketing strategy, here are a few reasons to consider it.
- Reach: The beauty of Quora is that it relies on user-generated content (UGC) and just so happens to be one of the most respected platforms in that regard. The ability to share questions and answers with 300 million monthly users is nothing to write off.
- SEO: There’s a good chance that a Google search will yield a Quora result. Why? Because Quora questions are searchable through Google. Your content also remains evergreen.
- Higher Quality Traffic: Potential customers want and need to feel like your product or service can solve their problem. If you’re successful at answering folks questions, you’re likely to drive some traffic to your website.
- Insights: Don’t overlook using Quora for audience insights. The platform is built off of real human beings asking real questions. It has an “if you scratch my back” feel to it.
We’re a nimble team of
deep thinkers, believers,
over-achievers, artists, curators,
and dedicated guides.
Sometimes, we finish writing the Daily Carnage late night. And when it’s late, it’s easy to forget a link or two.
Enter LinkChecker by GMass. All you have to do is copy and paste your html in a dialog box and voila.
LinkChecker displays screenshots of each URL to make sure you didn’t make a mistake. It’s free and awesome.
This Buds for 3
Alright Budweiser, you win the internet today. Whether you’re into basketball or not, you’re gonna watch this. “We’re not crying, you’re crying.”