Be in the Know
Your TikTok Statistics Snapshot
It’s TikTok Tuesday! Here’s our favorite branded TikTok this week.
Now, we all know TikTok has been quickly establishing roots for becoming the biggest social media platform out there. Here are the stats to know now:
- TikTok was the most downloaded app of 2021 (and for the third year in a row), with 656 million downloads.
- TikTok also continues its streak as the top-grossing app, surpassing $2.5 billion in consumer spending in 2021.
- TikTok has over one billion monthly active users. An average of 650,000 new users join daily.
- 4.3% of internet users named TikTok as their favorite app. That’s less than a third as many users as those who favored Instagram (14.8%) or Facebook (14.5%)
- Android users spend 19.6 hours per month on TikTok. YouTube is still in the top position, holding users’ interest for an average of 23.7 hours each month.
- 93% of top-performing videos use audio.
- The highest performing videos are 21-34 seconds long.
- Adding captions increases impressions by 55.7%.
- TikTok ads reach 17.9% of all internet users aged 18+ (884.9 million people).
- 67% of users say TikTok inspires them to shop with 73% reporting that they feel a deeper connection to companies they interact with on TikTok.
Check out the full collection of TikTok stats and predictions from Hootsuite.
Q for You
#paid Creator Marketing Platform
Take the guess work out of finding the right influencers and creators for your campaigns.
Say hello to #paid –– the new way to scale influencer marketing.
Things to love about #paid:
- They match you directly with creators that fit your brand.
- They handle rates, legal, and all the boring admin stuff.
- They work with real creators with real followings.
- They track results throughout the whole campaign.
Curious to see your creator matches? See it for yourself by running a free test campaign.
Looking for An Agency?
Did you know Carney is the agency behind this newsletter?
Writing the Daily Carnage is what we do.
Building brands that break through the noise is what we do best.
Marketing strategy, content, design, development, analytics, and all things in between!
Let us know what we can do for your brand or next big project.
It’s Called Fashion. Look it up!
Samsung released a series of ads with eccentric designer Charles Jeffrey Loverboy. Here he is using Night Mode on the Galaxy S22 Ultra for a little photoshoot before being rudely interrupted with more light. The whole series of ads have similar sassy scenes of fashion people “fashioning.”
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
1972, Shakey’s Pizza