Top Posts Of The Week
- Google Announces New, Free Digital Skills Training Sessions Online
- Google Lists 5 Key Trends Shaping Consumer Behavior Amid COVID-19
- Study launched into how startups will return to offices — will WFH continue?
- Amazing Instagram Stories Examples (With Tips & Tricks to Copy)
What We Learned
Monday: We recapped XQ Institute’s collaboration with The Lebron James Family Foundation and the Entertainment Industry Foundation for a first-of-its-kind national graduation special, Graduate Together. It was a true success in adapting to, supporting, and inspiring their audience.
Tuesday: AdEspresso shared examples and tips for amazing Instagram Stories. Tips included:
- 4 Qs to answer for killer headline and copy messaging: 1) Is this useful? 2) Is this unique? 3) Is this urgent? 4) Is this ultra-specific?
- Create a sense of exclusivity or luxury
- The sound of silence is your friend
Wednesday: Orbit Media brought us the 3.5-minute Google Analytics-driven website audit. A few of their tips include determining if there are broken pages or bad URLs, knowing if your shopping cart is broken on certain browsers, and identifying devices your site may not be working on.
Thursday: Sleeknote taught everything you need to know about email scrubbing. The goal of scrubbing is to maintain a healthy & active list. With practice you’ll improve open rate, CTR, lead quality, and more. Check out all their tips!
Join The Community
Britt posted, “What do you all use for your digital reporting? For Google, StackAdapt, etc. Surely there must be something decent out there that can generate automatic reports complete with graphs that don’t require the hours and even days that our team puts into Google Data Studio 😩”
Matt wants to know, “Has anyone used multi camera shots for Facebook Live and what product do they recommend? Currently researching Blackmagic Design and Switcher Studio.”
Taryn asked, “Does anyone know if there is some kind of certification for LinkedIn (like FB Blueprint)?”
Cara inquired, “What are your best tips and tricks for using a content calendar and maintaining it long term?”
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 1 ounce orange juice
- 1 ounce pineapple juice
- Dash grenadine
- 2 ounces ginger ale (or club soda)
- Optional: 2 dashes Angostura Bitters
- Garnish: pineapple and orange slices
- Gather the ingredients.
- Pour the juices, grenadine, and bitters into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain into a chilled collins glass filled with fresh ice.
- Top with ginger ale.
- Garnish with the slices of pineapple and/or orange!
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe from The Spruce Eats
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
1953, JELL-O & Hunt’s
When the App Store opened for business on July 10, 2008, how many apps were available?
The Daily Carnage team will be out for Memorial Day, so stay tuned for more on Tuesday. Enjoy the weekend, y’all!