Be in The Know
- TikTok Ban? Here is what we know about government efforts to ban the app.
- Tinder launched its first-ever global brand campaign, “It Starts with A Swipe”.
- As Google approaches third-party cookie deprecation, it’s time to get a refresh on FLEDGE.
- Meet May, Maybelline’s first digital avatar merging real and digital with Gigi on the sidelines.
3 Location-based Marketing Methods
Location-based marketing delivers highly relevant ads to potential customers based on their location in the world. This is achieved through GPS coordinates or Bluetooth-based technology.
Here are the 3 primary methods of location-based marketing:
- Geofencing: This method pinpoints where consumers are in real time via mobile apps. A retailer might set up geofence boundaries to send discounts to rewards-program members whenever they are within a set radius.
- Geotargeting: This method enables marketers to show targeted content to specific groups of people who have engaged in specific behaviors in a location. For example, a restaurant might run a geotargeted campaign to encourage repeat business from customers who have recently visited.
- Geoconquesting: This method delivers notifications to customers when they are near a competitor’s business. Burger King successfully deployed the “Whopper Detour,” for example, which sent coupons to people within 600 feet of McDonald’s locations.
Think you’re ready to try location-based marketing tactics? Check out the full post at MarTech.
Q for You
101 Adobe Color Combinations
Skip advanced color theory and simply reference Adobe’s cheat sheet for curating winning color combos—from monochromatic and analogous to complementary and triadic schemes. This guide includes styles like muted pastels, metallics, neons, retro, 90s throwback, gothic, and loads more.
Partner with The Daily Carnage to deliver your content to tens of thousands of subscribers who love to test solutions, optimize results, and solve problems.
You ever try to parallel park in a tight spot for like 4 whole minutes before giving up? Same. Stockholm’s public transportation system, Storstockholms lokaltrafik (SL), is hoping this incredibly frustrating spot is enough to make you rethink your solo commute.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
Burger King, 1974