You Want Fries with That?
We love a good path-to-success story, which is why we’re fans of the podcast series How I Built This. Charming interviews with innovators and entrepreneurs, chronicling their popular businesses, companies, and brands.
Today, we’re talkin’ burgers. It’s the story of Jerry Murrell, who opened a tiny burger joint in suburban Virginia with his four sons. Five guys flipping hamburgers? Yup, today’s Listen is about Five Guys – one of the fastest-growing restaurant chains in the US, with over 1,400 locations worldwide.
It started simple and small, inspired by a fellow burger dude named “Push ‘Em Up Tony” with a restaurant that only sold hamburgers.
We think you’ll feel inspired, too. (And probably really hungry.)
Peek Inside a Multi-Million Dollar Growth Strategy
Whatchu know about Intercom? Probably not a lot, but you’ve likely seen their icon on a ton of websites. Surprisingly, they’re one of the fastest growing SaaS startups ever. Slack is the only SaaS that has grown faster. In just a few years, Intercom has gone from $0 to $50 million in annual recurring revenue. That’s some serious cheddar.
So how did they do it? By sticking to a well-defined marketing strategy.
Today’s Read breaks down every step Intercom took to grow their company so quickly. Here are all 8 steps, but we recommend you read this one.
- Use Dynamic Keyword Insertion on your landing pages
- Steal your competitors’ traffic with “alternative” landing pages
- Use “The Core Problem Framework” as part of your keyword strategy
- Write original, thought-provoking branded content to get social shares
- The “Next Step CTA” Method (We love this strategy)
- Have an offsite content strategy to get your content seen by a new audience
- Focus on high buy intent keywords if you want to be successful without a big ad budget
- Convert your traffic into customers matching your Landing Page with 1 of the 5 levels of market awareness
How to Get Traffic to Your Online Store
It’s break time. As in, I-can’t-possibly-work-on-this-project-anymore-so-I’m-gonna-surf-the web-break time. Sometimes, a sale on your favorite site is just too hard to ignore (especially when it falls on a payday). Well, your secret is safe with us. We may or may not have just bought fidget spinners for the office.
In other words, e-commerce has captivated our minds and will continue to do so. As marketers, we have to adapt. Today’s Watch with Brian Dean provides in-depth advice on correctly using e-commerce SEO to push more traffic to online stores.
Here are a few points Dean explores during the video:
- Domain Authority
- Product Page Optimization
- Including 1000 words of content on your most important product pages
- Including your keyword 3-5x per page
Don’t miss out on all the juicy details!
“Your culture is your brand”